Etude House Play 101 Pencils

My New Years Eve ended up being an impromptu dinner and slumber party with some close friends.  I rushed home from work that night and had very little time to get cute.  Let's just say My big night out regime wasn't going to happen.  Frankly I've been running a little ragged with work, a big move, and the holidays so I had my work cut out for me.

My go to product of late for a quick sprucing up has been these fun pencils from Etude House (which I believe is a Korean company).  I first heard about them on XOJane and ordered some on Amazon.  For an import, they were surprisingly cheap.

The concept is simple and quite brilliant.  Pencils in 50 different colors with different textures for all your makeup needs.  I have four different colors in the eyeliner and concealer spectrum.  #1 - a creamy black eyeliner, #49 - a creamy brown eyeliner, #8 - a matte concealer color, and #6 a shimmery champagne color.  As you can see from the picture above, there are colors and textures that are great for eye shadow and lip colors but I have yet to dip into those areas of the Play 101 world.  All 50 Colors

Anyway, I threw on a quick dab of eye cream and a swipe of the #8 concealer color around my eyes (Dent Alert) and then lined my lids with the creamy black color (#1) which goes on very smoothly and is dense enough in pigment to almost look like liquid or gel eyeliner.  I then dabbed the shimmery champagne highlighter color on the inner corners of my eyes and under my brows,  Another great trick I have found for the #8 concealer color is lining under and above my eyebrows (blend of course) after I have filled them in to make them look nice and tidy.  My friend Naomi then insisted I add some lashes and we threw those on as well.

The great thing about these pencils and the reason I'm bringing them up now is this stuff stays put.  The eyeliner color doesn't ever smear.  In fact, when I woke up New Years Day and one by one said goodbye to my darling friends that makeup was still intact.  I'm not exaggerating.  With seven people in the house that morning and one bathroom I glanced in the mirror and let it go.  It still looked surprisingly fresh throughout the next day despite what one could only call a doozy of a hangover.

Now I obviously don't recommend leaving your makeup on over night like this ever but I do think these pencils are pretty remarkable.  I'm officially hooked.    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Controversial Ordinary

To Good Genes or not to Good Genes. That is the Question.

Huxley Secret of Sahara Oil Essence; Essence-Like, Oil-Like