Special Night Tricks & Tips

When I have a very important night planned, I add about thirty minutes to my prep time and break out some special extras to make sure I'm at my very best. Here is a list with links of those must haves:



A solid eight hours of sleep the night before - 
As we get older, we really cannot afford lose sleep. It shows in a major way on our face. Seriously. This is not always the easiest prospect for me but I have found Rescue Remedy Sleep to be extremely helpful with the snag and loop. It's non-habit forming and made from Bach flower remedies, which are comprised of flower essences that have been distilled in alcohol. They have a pastille version that is sans alcohol if you prefer.


Exfoliation - 
You just simply cannot skip a good solid exfoliation before your big night out. I always take the time to use Peter Thomas Roth Peel Pads. All three minutes of it.
PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads



Hydrating Lotion Mask - 
A girl's gotta do and I have got to take 15 minutes for a hyaluronic acid lotion mask. If I'm really going for it, I put the mask on my face, slip into a hot bath, and place a shower cap (cut a little slit for air) over the mask. I know that sounds crazy, and frankly it feels a bit crazy, but you will not be able to dispute the results. Trust me. It's amazing.

Japanese Lotion Mask



Facial Massage - 
While my skin is nice and slippery from the lotion mask, I do a shorter, simpler version of this Japanese facial massage. I do the eyes, the jawline, down the neck, above the collar bones towards my armpits, and then pinch my arm pits to release the fluid build up there. The idea is to move any puffiness out of your face and into your lymph nodes.  It really does make a difference.



Primer -
Then, after applying my normal skincare, I add the extra step of primer to my makeup regime. Mally primer is silicone based and it really minimizes the look of fine wrinkles. The fact that it sets my makeup in a major way doesn't hurt either. One word of caution, do not use powder foundation over a primer. Powder foundation needs to mix with the natural oils in your skin. A liquid or airbrush foundation is the way to go in this situation.

Mally Primer



Eyelashes -
Finally, if it really is an important night I have to add false eyelashes. I know they're a pain but even if your eye shadow and liner isn't picture perfect, lashes will always fix everything. Every time. You can't go wrong with Ardell. Make sure the lash band is nice and flexible by bending it back and forth a bit. They'll be easier to apply. Then use my favorite lash glue from Darkness. Darkness Glue    


This all sounds very elaborate I know and I only break it all out at once for VERY special occasions. That said, don't be afraid to implement these things here and there on their own. You won't regret it.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Controversial Ordinary

To Good Genes or not to Good Genes. That is the Question.

Huxley Secret of Sahara Oil Essence; Essence-Like, Oil-Like